Maybe the world of work is awaiting you shortly or maybe it’s a few years away. No matter where you are it’s never too late to begin to think about what career path might work best for you. We’re hosting a full day to explore some professions that are off the beaten path but on the forefront of the future. Join us for a day of expanding your perspective on where your passions can fit into the professional world work for today and beyond.
SPEAKERS & TALENT LINE UP
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The beauty industry has become one of the most prolific and profitable around the world and holds a wide range of profession options from makeup artists, to actors, to bloggers so you can see what suits you.
- Learn about the creative sector, and the many career options from media production, television and film, the music industry, fashion and also pageantry, which require skill sets other than performing to support them.
- With the world of social media advertising and e-commerce currently booming, learn about a new wave of options for working from your phone!
- Get schooled on the business of building your network. From introducing yourself to keeping in touch with your professional contacts over time.
- Business has a language and etiquette of its own. Learn the basics so you feel right at home as you enter the professional world or seek to expand your current footing.
- E-etiquette is also important as many major business moves are made over emails and even social media. Make the most of your platforms and keep your standards professional .
- Learn about different types of resumes for various industries and how you can craft a resume that best represents you, stands out from the rest, yet is still appropriate for the position.
- Get guidelines for the best way to style yourself daily, depending on your field of work. Learn how to keep it classy yet comfortable, fierce yet functional.
- Finding a job in this economy can be a tough feat but with the right insights, know-how and where-to, you can make strides towards getting your dream job today.
on the day
- Meet game changers in their respective fields and have the chance to interact with them in both a group and one-on-one setting. You will be exposed to various professionals in fields that may be well suited for your skill set and so this is your chance to get advice and perspective so you can begin to carve your own path.
- Meals and light refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Your MISS Academy top is included with your registration fee, so we ask that you come dressed in black business casual bottoms and a blazer or jacket, heels, light makeup and hair well groomed.
We begin at 10 AM.
The price is TBA.
Yes, our Career Day is for girls ages 13 to 27.
No parents or guests are allowed. If you would like to bring a friend or colleague, they will need to register individually and must be a female between the ages of 13 to 27.