MAKE YOUR MARK
Join us for a day of fabulous pageant preparation as we put your interviewing skills to the test with a MISS Mock Interview unlike any other. This is your time to smoothen your speech, tighten up your thought process, polish your presence and make sure your interview round of competition will be sure to make your mark!
PANELISTS LINE UP
Diana represented her home country of Colombia in state and national beauty pageants. She now boasts of being a certified model instructor whose professional modeling career with First Models and Talent Agency landed her national commercial and print contracts. Diana also specializes in public and official event management at Houston Community College (HCC). She holds a Master’s Degree in Liberal Studies (MLS) from Rice University and is currently seeking a Doctoral Degree in Higher Education Leadership from Sam Houston State University. Diana is also a community leader serving as a board member for SER Jobs for Progress and Hispanic Women in Leadership. She also enjoys helping with the Miss Houston and Miss Houston Teen USA pageants.
PAGEANT BOARD MEMBER
Michael Hannah is currently a chairman on the board of the Miss America Organization and has been involved with the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization since 2005. Michael is a past Chairman of the Board of the Miss Texas Organization, Inc. as well as the Miss Texas Scholarship Foundation. In 2008, he received the President of the United States Volunteer Service Award from the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation for demonstrating the outstanding character of America, helping strengthen our country, and making a difference through volunteer service to others. In 2019, Michael founded the non-profit organization Michael Hannah Family Foundation and has continued his lifetime commitment to serving the under-served. We are forever grateful to have his insight and contributions at MISS Academy.
HERE’S WHAT AREAS YOU’LL BE CRITIQUED IN
ANSWER & DELIVERY
- Content – are you answering the question asked; do your answers have enough depth or can you say a bit more.
- Articulation and grammar – is your speech clear and understandable by all; are your sentences grammatically sound; do you have any speaking habits that might take away from your overall impact.
- Confidence – do you speak with surety and command; do you engage the panelists’ attention at all times.
- Hand movements – do your hands help to communicate what you’re saying or are they distracting.
- Leg placement – whether your legs are firmly planted or swaying during your response; any physical movements that may take away from your overall presence.
- Facial expression – how your expressions are controlled and managed to enhance your response; whether you are pleasant to look at while speaking
- Trendy – is your outfit fashionable and refreshing for a modern pageant; is your garment appropriate and engaging for this round of competition.
- Personality fit – are you styled for your personality; does the outfit enhance your presentation and present a full package to the panelists.
- Presence – is your walk confident and graceful; do you bring an energy and electricity to the room when you enter.
the final question
- This is your chance to conquer the main hurdle between first runner up and titleholder. Take advantage of this opportunity to conquer any final question fears you might have.
- This round will be a full on-stage simulation of your final question round in the pageant. We promise a hard-hitting question drawn from an assortment of current events, controversial topics, or frequently discussed feuds so you can gain the confidence to conquer whatever may be thrown your way on competition day!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You should arrive in all black, with your competition garments in an enclosed garment bag, properly labelled.
No. Your allotted time slot is for you and you only. Only the panelists will be present along with the Mock Pageant Director. No one else will be able to see your competition garments or observe your performance.
No. We have a strict closed room policy and ask family and friends to respect this so you get the most out of your Mock Interview experience.
Your results and feedback will be given to you immediately, in person from the panelists sitting before you.
No. This is a live, in-person event and we do not take any photographs or make any recordings, primarily for your confidentiality going into your respective competition.